Friday, February 12, 2010

Miyazaki-san

I'm a devoted, long-term vegetarian, but every time I watch Hayao Miyazaki's film Spirited Away, I always find myself craving the food that's depicted in the opening scene! I wish I could eat Spirit World food...even if it is meat. That's saying a lot for me. I think meat is freaky (which makes international dining something of a pain), but I'm not sure that I would be able to resist if someone put the food from Spirited Away on my plate. Maybe that's just the bad dorm food talking...

Anyway, Spirited Away is one of my favorite movies of all time. I don't think I will ever get tired of watching it. If you haven't had the pleasure of seeing it already, you should definitely get on it ASAP. I actually recommend the Japanese subtitled version over the English dubbed version. I love the voice actor who plays Haku in the English version, but the girl who plays Chihiro in the Japanese version is so much better than the girl from the English dub.

Delightful stuff, Miyazaki films are!

Hm...this blog is becoming motley.

1 comment:

  1. Dear, I never knew you thought that spirit food looked tasty. Good to know ;)
    I've never actually watched the Japanese version, since in general I think they do a good job dubbing Miyazaki films. Why they can't do that with serialized anime is beyond me.

    Don't worry, I doubt your blog could be more motley than mine.

    ReplyDelete